Gerber Releases New Line of Fishing Tools
It may be winter, but it’s never too early to think about getting your boat in the water or pulling on your waders for a day of fishing. And for those anglers who need something to lessen the hassle of managing lines, retrieving hooks and processing fish, Gerber has heeded your calls.
Gerber is out with a brand new line of fishing-specific tools. The tools are optimized for freshwater fishing and each tool is designed to be easy and comfortable to use while in or on the water. For those of you who hit the open ocean for your fish, don’t worry. Gerber says salt water products are in the works.
Some of tools that caught my eye:
- The Linedriver
- This line management tool gives the user several tools in a slick design that clips onto a belt or waistband. Features include a spinning hook vise, eyelet clearing spike, hook threader, scissor snips and split shot crimper.
- The Magniplier
- For those who hate fiddling with needle nose pliers to pull out hooks, this is for you. The Magniplier allows your hand to mimic a trigger grip during use and an offset design allows you to see down the mouth of that bass you’re trying to shake loose without having to peer over your wrist. The tool has exchangeable jaw tips and carbide cutters and comes with a nylon sheath and lanyard coil.
- The Processor
- The processor gives the user everything they need to prepare their catch for dinner. The Processor has a gut hook, scaler, cutting shears, a dedicated fin clipper and a knife edge on the bottom of one of the shear jaws. The tool can also be taken apart for easy cleaning.
- The Controller
- For those who prefer a traditional fillet knife for processing the fish, the Controller has you covered. The full tang knife comes in 6, 8 and 10-inch blade lengths and has an and ergonomic handle for a solid grip no matter how messy the task. A 9Cr steel gives you good edge retention. The sheath is vented and designed to be easily rinsed out. An included sharpener keeps your knife ready for any catch.
- The Gutsy
- The Gutsy is a compact, one-piece tool that combines a scaler, gut hook, scooper and bottle opener. The tool takes up very little space in your tackle box or pack and may even be ideal for those who want to add a fishing-specific tool to a compact survival kit.
Check out the full line of new equipment at gerberfishing.com